For 100 years, providing products that meet specific consumer needs and doing business with integrity and character have been our hallmarks. Every day, we work to improve the lives of consumers and the communities in which we have a presence around the word. We are humbled when our efforts are recognized by leading publications and organizations.
- Fortune Magazine ranked Whirlpool No. 1 in its 2011 World’s Most Admired Companies® list in the Home Equipment, Furnishings industry and named Whirlpool to its 2009 Top Companies for Leaders list, ranking the company ninth in North America and 15th globally (the list is released every two years).
- Forbes Magazine and Reputation Institute named Whirlpool one of the Top 25 Most Respected U.S. Companies for three consecutive years (2008-2011).
- Whirlpool ranked No. 85 on the 2011 Corporate Responsibility Magazine 100 Best Corporate Citizens list. Whirlpool has been included in the list nine out of 12 years.
- Fast Company Magazine ranked Whirlpool No. 6 on its 2011 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies in the Consumer Products category. This is the second consecutive year Whirlpool was included in the list.
- DiversityInc Magazine ranked Whirlpool No. 49 on its 2011 Top 50 Companies for Diversity® list.
- Whirlpool was named one of the Best Employers in Argentina and one of the Best Companies to Work For in Brazil (1997-2010), India and Mexico. The company also earned the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Best Places to Work for GLBT Equality Seal (2004-2010).
- Whirlpool was named to Newsweek Magazine’s 2010 Green Rankings, ranking No. 116 overall and 11 in the Consumer Products category. Whirlpool has been included in the ranking since the list’s inception in 2009.
- Whirlpool Corporation’s social and sustainability performance is recognized by several respected corporate social responsibility indices, including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (2005-2011), FTSE4Good Global Indexes (since 2001), MSCI KLD 400 Social Index (since 1990), MSCI USA Catholic Values Index and Calvert Social Index (since 2000).
- Whirlpool was recognized with its sixth consecutive ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year award for Sustained Excellence, the company’s 12th ENERGY STAR award. The company has been honored with 23 ENERGY STAR awards overall, more than any other appliance manufacturer.