At Whirlpool Corporation, we are dedicated to improving lives. This is reinforced by our history and reflected through our values, branded products and our customer experience. At the center of this commitment is our employees, making the most of moments that matter every day.
The BUILD (Bridging Unity, Inclusion, Leadership & Diversity) Externship is an informational, developmental and highly interactive week-long conference held at our Benton Harbor Technology Center in Benton Harbor, Michigan. The externship is designed for undergraduate rising freshman and sophomores in business & engineering programs.
With a commitment to our core value of Diversity and Inclusion, BUILD serves as a diverse pipeline for our Leadership Development Program. BUILD provides opportunities to interact with and learn from professionals in:
- Human Resources
- Supply Chain
Participants experience the culture and rhythms of business, and learn how Whirlpool Corporation creates moments that matter for its employees and customers. For more information and to apply, visit whirlpoolcorp.com/build.
BUILD Externship will be July 31st – August 4th, 2017. During the week-long conference, selected participants are provided housing, transportation, and meals.
Participating in BUILD provides:
- Career development
- Networking with professionals in the industry
- Insight into Whirlpool Corporation and our Culture
- Mentoring support and introduction to the Leadership Development Programs
Foundational to diversity and inclusion, we strongly encourage candidates from a traditionally underrepresented racial, ethnic or minority group pursuing careers in Business and Engineering apply.
Applying candidates must:
- Have 2-3 years remaining in their education before being eligible for full time employment
- Be a registered student pursuing an Engineering, Supply Chain, Human Resources, Finance or Sales degree from a four-year institution
- Be a United States citizen or Permanent Resident
Application deadline is April 21, 2017.
Final decisions will be made by May 5, 2017 and participants will be notified by May 12, 2017.