Global Code of Conduct
There is no right way to do a wrong thing
“There is no right way to do a wrong thing” guides our business and operating principles. We’re committed to the highest standards of ethical and legal conduct and have created an environment where open and honest communications are the expectation, not the exception.
Code of Ethics
Our aim is for Whirlpool Corporation and its worldwide subsidiaries to be known, trusted and respected as one of the top enterprises in the world. In all aspects of our business, we’re continually looking for ways to ensure that we do the right thing.
• We will pursue our business with honor, fairness and respect for the individual and the public at large … ever mindful that there is no right way to do a wrong thing.
• We expect our employees to comply with all laws, regulations and company policies that govern our activities around the world
• All of our advertising must be truthful, not deceptive, and comply with applicable laws, regulations, and Company advertising policies
• We’re committed to fair and open competition in markets around the world. All our employees are expected to comply with the antitrust/competition laws of the countries in which we do business
• All our financial, accounting, research, test, sales, manufacturing and expense records or reports, timesheets, and other documents must accurately and clearly represent the facts
• We treat trade secrets and proprietary information about our business activities and our customers and suppliers with confidentiality
• We must create a working environment that values diversity and protects the right of each employee to fair and equitable treatment
• We’re dedicated to environmental responsibility and will follow all applicable environmental laws and regulations
• We deal honestly and fairly with suppliers, customers, competitors and employees with the expectation that we only gain business through quality, delivery, service and competitive pricing
• We do not make political party or candidate contributions except as specifically authorized by the law
• We manufacture and market products that are safe for their anticipated use
• We strive to provide a safe and healthful work setting for all employees
• We strive to provide full, accurate and timely public disclosure and to ensure compliance with our insider trading policy