The new Whirlpool® Smart Top Load Washer and Dryer offer families another way to care for each other and those around them like no other – it is the first-ever laundry pair in the U.S. to introduce the use of technology to power philanthropic donations.
Care is Giving Back: The Connect to care™ program
Winner of a prestigious 2016 CES Innovations Honoree Award in the Tech for A Better World category, Whirlpool brand’s proprietary Connect to care™ program allows families to automatically donate to others in need. For every load of laundry washed, a small but meaningful amount of money can be donated to Habitat for Humanity, to help create affordable housing in partnership with low-income families.
“With this laundry pair, every time a Whirlpool family cares for each other through the simple act of washing clothing, they will help families around the country have a roof over their heads, a safe place to live or a home to start over,” said Chelsey Lindstrom, brand manager, Whirlpool brand. “We are in this business to help families thrive.”
Care is a tough job and caring for your family is a round-the-clock responsibility. Making philanthropy automatic in this way means people don’t have to stop what they’re doing to help make a difference. The option to donate through the Connect to care™ program and the monetary amount option selected is up to what each individual is willing to give per load of laundry.
Care is Thinking Ahead: Amazon Dash Replenishment
As one of the first appliance brands to announce the use of Amazon Dash Replenishment, the laundry pair also estimates when consumers are running low on laundry supplies and automatically orders more. When consumers sync their Whirlpool® mobile app with their Amazon account, the feature estimates the amount of supplies remaining, targeting the right time to order more detergent, affresh® washer cleaner and dryer sheets. This feature helps to prevent families from running out of critical supplies just when they need to do laundry the most – whether it’s right before a big game or a weekend getaway.
Care is Connected: the Whirlpool® Mobile App and the Nest Learning Thermostat
This laundry pair uses smart home technology to make caring more intuitive with the following features:
- Through the Whirlpool® mobile app, families can remotely start or adjust wash and dry cycles away from home. From setting the dryer to actively tumble clothes until you get home, to receiving “Clothes Dry” notifications when loads finish, these features help families know exactly when the cycle has finished.
- The Nest Thermostat integration knows when consumers are away from home. By working together, the dryer can switch to Eco Mode to save energy with a longer, more energy-efficient cycle when the thermostat is set to Away mode.2
- If there is a need for service, the washer and dryer display fault codes via the Whirlpool® mobile app, to help correct common user errors with easy how-to guides. To take customer care one step further, in the future, owners will also be able to tap into the Whirlpool Care Agent through the app to schedule and cancel service appointments and check on the status of their request.
- Activating Quiet mode allows families to disable operational sounds of both the washer and dryer, so those who need to tip-toe around precious naptime can still have peace of mind laundry will get done when they need it to get done, quietly.
- Consumers can also download a variety of specialty cycles through the Whirlpool® mobile app, to care for a family’s most important items, from high-performance athletic wear to comforters to baby clothes.
The Smart Top Load Washer and Dryer is available nationwide at major retailers in Chrome Shadow. The washer has an MSRP of $1,399 and the dryer has an MSRP of $1,399.
For more information, to join the conversation and see the company’s care-centric product innovations and conceptual inspirations come to life, visit Whirlpool brand’s booth #74352 in the Family and Technology Marketplace, located at the Sands Expo Center, or ces.whirlpool.com and follow #EveryDayCare.
About Whirlpool Brand
For more than one hundred years, Whirlpool brand has been inspired by how people care for their families. Whirlpool brand is designing home appliances that are focused on improving how families give and get the care they need with the latest technologies and innovations that make their experience effortless, intuitive, and easy – whether that means most flexible refrigerator storage for all types of family needs, induction technology for efficient cooking and easier cleaning, or laundry pairs that sense and adapt to clothes with the latest in connected technologies. Whirlpool brand is part of Whirlpool Corporation, the world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances. Whirlpool Corporation is also one of Habitat for Humanity’s largest corporate partners for over 15 dedicated years, donating a refrigerator and range to every new Habitat for Humanity home built in North America. For more information on Whirlpool, please visit whirlpool.com/everydaycare or find us on Facebook at facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter at @WhirlpoolUSA.
1 Requires Wifi and account creation. App features and functionality subject to change. Subject to Terms of Service available at: whirlpool.com/connect. Data rates may apply.
2 Savings may vary across load type or cycle
January 5, 2016