Whirlpool Asia Internet Privacy Statement
Whirlpool is committed to maintaining the integrity and privacy of information given to it by its consumers and employees. While information is a cornerstone in our ability to provide superior products and services, our most important asset is the trust of our consumers and employees. We understand the importance that trust plays in relationships and are committed to keeping the trust of our shareholders, consumers and employees each and every day.
This Privacy Commitment and the supportive implementation practices will help ensure that Whirlpool continues to earn consumer and employee trust through its protection of vital information and compliance with appropriate legal standards.
- Whirlpool Corporations's first objective is to protect as private any information provided to it by its consumers and/or employees and it will use such information only for the purposes for which it is provided. When information is required, the Company will provide appropriate reasons for the data collection and will ensure the proper retention security thereof.
- Whirlpool Corporation ascribes to principles of privacy in the protection of consumer and employee information that will transcend local legal mandates, and will meet the legal obligations defined in each of its global locations in every region of the world. Whirlpool will routinely review, update and expand its privacy protections as befits its broad support of consumer and employee status around the world.
- Whirlpool Corporation information systems will be designed and maintained to provide maximum security from unauthorized access. Individuals using consumer or employee data will be trained in its appropriate use and will be routinely audited to ensure compliance with necessary standards of conduct.
- Consumers and employees will have the opportunity to review information retained by the Company about them and how to notify us regarding errors that we will promptly correct.
- Whirlpool Corporation will adopt reasonable and effective measures to ensure the protection of consumer and employee information. The Chief Privacy Officer will have full accountability to promulgate and enforce these protective activities.
Whirlpool has a covenant of trust with its consumers and employees, and we will maintain it.