• This Privacy Statement applies only to information collected by Whirlpool Canada and its affiliated brands and is not intended to describe data handling procedures for information collected by other linked web sites or business partners.
• Our website is aimed at a general audience and we do not generally seek to collect information about children under the age of 13.
Access to Information and Unsubscribing
• You may, at any time, inform us that you no longer wish to be contacted regarding any marketing or promotional communications by contacting us as set out in this Privacy Statement or by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each promotional email.
• You may review, correct or update the Personal Information you have provided to us by contacting us as set out in this Privacy Statement, or if you are registered user of our websites, by accessing the My Account page on the site.
For purposes of this Privacy Statement, “Personal Information” is data specifically about you that you have provided to us or that we collect with your permission. Personal Information does not include any aggregate or combined information. Aggregate or combined information includes data that is related to you but studied as a group and does not identify you specifically.
Examples of Personal Information that we may collect from you include but are not limited to:
• Your contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number
• Your billing information, such as your credit card number and billing address
• Unique identifiers, such as your user name, account number, and password
• Your product and ownership information
• Your preferences, such as product wish lists, order history, and marketing preferences
The purposes for which we may use your Personal Information include but are not limited to:
• Contacting you with tailored communications regarding our products or services (including product information, marketing or promotions (such as special deals), research, and/or other topics), but only if you have opted-in or otherwise provided your consent
• Fulfilling your order
• Sending you an order confirmation or other transactional emails
• Sending you requested product or service information
• Responding to your service requests or providing you with customer service using our Live Chat feature, if available
• Administering and managing your account
• Sending you catalogues, newsletters or survey requests, if you have opted-in or otherwise provided your consent
• Sending a one-time email to a third party you have ‘referred’ to us
• Informing you of product and service warranties
• Sending you a welcome email to verify your information
• Providing you with service, transactional or safety-related announcements
The ways we may collect Personal Information from you include when you:
• Sign up for an account online or otherwise contact us online
• Sign up to receive communications from us (including product information, brand marketing information, newsletters, special offers, promotions, information about our services, or survey requests)
• Fill out and submit your product registration (either online or offline)
We may also obtain information about you (including Personal Information from other sources), from commercially available sources such as data aggregators and public databases, but only where you provided consent to the source. The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources.
• Name, postal address
• Income level
• Marital status and number of children
• Your interests such as hobbies and pets
• Consumer and market research data
• Purchase behaviour
• Publicly observed data or activities, such as blogs, videos, internet postings, user generated content, and in-store shopping behaviour
All of the information we collect about you may be combined to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop world-class products and services of superior quality.
1. Interest-based Advertising Behaviour
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our websites. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser.
A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following the directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. We set a persistent cookie to store your account settings so we can identify you the next time you visit or enable some functions on our websites. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our website.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our websites, but your ability to use some areas of our website may be limited.
2. Web Beacons
Web beacons are miniscule electronic image files that can be embedded within a web page or included in an e-mail message, and are usually invisible to the human eye. When we use web beacons within our web pages, the web beacons (also known as "clear GIFs" or "tracking pixels") may tell us such things as: how many people are coming to our website, whether they are one-time or repeat visitors, which pages they viewed and for how long, how well certain online advertising campaigns are converting, and other similar website usage data. When used in our e-mail communications, web beacons can tell us the time an e-mail was opened, if and how many times it was forwarded, and what links users click on from within the e-mail message. Based on this information, we can adjust the content, products, services, and promotions we provide you to better meet your interests, as well as make you aware of Whirlpool Canada products, services, and/or special offers in which you may be interested.
3. Web Logging
Log files are files that record web activity and gather statistics about your visit to or use of our websites. Log files may help us capture, among other things: (i) your IP address, which is a unique set of numbers assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) (which, depending on your ISP, may be a different number every time you connect to the Internet); (ii) the type of browser and operating system you use; and (iii) other information about your online session, such as the URL you came from to get to our website and the date and time you visited our website. In addition to using this information from our log files to better understand how our websites are used, we may use information captured through log files to troubleshoot technical problems, maintain online safety and security, and if necessary, prohibit or restrict access to our online services.
IV. DATA SHARING
Whirlpool Canada may disclose your Personal Information to third parties acting on our behalf as service providers, such as our call centre operators, shippers, servicers, or people who analyze data for us. While these third parties have access to some of the Personal Information that Whirlpool Canada may have about you, access is limited to the information they need to have to do their jobs and they may not use your Personal Information for their own purposes.
Whirlpool Canada may also disclose or transfer your Personal Information:
• to respond to judicial process or in cooperation with law enforcement agencies, or as otherwise required by law;
• to assist us in fraud prevention or investigation;
• to protect your safety or the safety of others;
• if we transition service to another provider;
• if we sell an affiliated company or other business asset, are bought or acquired by another company (either fully or partially), merged with another company, or experience a reorganization, insolvency, bankruptcy, receivership, or other similar event, in which case your Personal Information may be shared with our successor or assign (the new company or the company that takes over); or
• if reasonably necessary to comply with legal-related processes, enforce contract terms, respond to or resolve any claims (including valid consumer complaints), or otherwise protect or enforce the safety or rights (including intellectual property rights) of Whirlpool Canada, its parent, or affiliated companies, our business customers and partners, our consumers, or the general public.
Whirlpool Canada may share aggregate or combined information which includes data that is related to you but studied as a group and does not identify you specifically for research or analytical purposes.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. Whirlpool Canada is committed to maintaining the security of the data you provide us and will take reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse or alteration. Please note that there is always some risk in transmitting information over the Internet. We do use secure connections on our websites to protect credit card information during its transmission.
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Statement. If we do, we will note the date that any changes are made and/or when they become effective at the beginning of the Privacy Statement. If the changes being made are material (that is, we make a major change), we may alert you to the changes in a more prominent way. For example, we may temporarily highlight the new or revised sections in this Privacy Statement, temporarily post a prominent notice on our home page or registration/login page, or temporarily add the word "Updated" to the title of this Privacy Statement and any hypertext links pointing to this Privacy Statement. In some instances, we may also send you an e-mail message or other communication telling you about the changes and any choices you may have or actions you may take before they go into effect. Your inaction or continued use of our website and services after any such alerts or notices, or your acceptance of any changes for which we require your prior approval, will tell us that you agree to those changes.
This Privacy Statement applies only to information collected by Whirlpool Canada and its affiliated brands and is not intended to describe data handling procedures for information collected by other linked websites or business partners. Whirlpool Canada is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of sites owned by other companies.
Our websites and applications are aimed at a general audience and Whirlpool Canada does not generally seek to collect information about children under the age of 13. If we offer an app or website feature that is targeted towards children and collects information from children under the age of 13, (i) we will detail the type of information that we collect and how we use and disclose that information, and (ii) we will obtain parental consent before we collect, use, store, or disclose any Personal Information about a child under the age of 13. If a child has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian may contact us to request that we delete that information from our records. To do so, contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
You may review, correct or update your Personal Information by contacting us as set out below, or if you are a registered user of our website(s), by accessing the My Account page on the site.
You may also, at any time, inform us that you do not want Whirlpool Canada or any of its brands to contact you with any marketing or promotional communications by contacting us as set out below or by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each promotional email.
1. Unsubscribe Exclusions
Even if you unsubscribe from receiving promotional communications from Whirlpool Canada, we may send you strictly service, transactional or safety-related announcements when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if there is a product recall, we might send you an email or other electronic message. We may also send you an electronic communication regarding your warranty or to complete a transaction.
Unless otherwise specified in this Privacy Statement, unsubscribing does not preclude us from collecting aggregate or combined information.
2. Canceling Your Account
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your Personal Information, please contact us using the “Contact Us” details below. Please note that if you cancel your account, we may still retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you have questions or complaints regarding this Privacy Statement or our practices, or to review, correct, update or request deletion of any of the Personal Information that Whirlpool Canada has about you, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer at:
By Postal Mail:
Chief Privacy Officer
2000 N. M-63
Benton Harbor, MI 49022
If we make photocopies of information for you in response to your request, we reserve the right to recover related photocopy charges. We will respond to your request within 30 days.