Social Responsibility in Europe, Middle East & AfricaImproving our communities through collective impact
In EMEA, we focus our corporate giving primarily on the following three areas:
Registered non profit organizations based in the EMEA region that non discriminate on the basis of race, religion or creed, national, ethnic or social origin, disability or handicap, age, gender or sexual orientation, marital status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law, namely:
- Duly Registered or accredited independent nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) or charities
- Schools and Universities.
Our corporate funds are generally not available for the following:
- Private pursuits
- Fundraising activities (such as galas, benefits, dinners and sporting events)
- Religious activities
- Political parties or causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- Advocacy initiatives
- Media or social media activities
- Organizations that do not meet our values and ethical standards as laid down in Whirlpool Code of Ethics.
Review of each request is based on merit, relevance to corporate policies and available resources. When working with local organizations to support the focus giving areas, priority will be generally given to initiatives:
- Taking place within the EMEA Region in countries where Whirlpool has a business and/or manufacturing presence
- Targeting in particular families and young people (0-24 yrs. old)
- Putting an emphasis on the use of new technology or on purposeful innovation
- Driven by locally established organizations with endorsement from the local authorities.