Taking care of our consumers, our employees, our communities and our trade partners.
- Teams around the world—in the spirit of One Whirlpool—are working around the clock to help support employees and their families.
- Developed a return-to-office policy based on the recommendations of the local, state and federal guidelines, local health data and facility readiness.
- Hosted vaccine clinics at multiple sites around the globe.
- Implemented safeguards in our operating facilities in line with local health guidelines.
- Mexico: We transformed our Nuevo León facility into a vaccination center, managing to administer more than 12,500 vaccines to Whirlpool Corporation employees, their families and more than 20 neighboring companies.
- Brazil: Donated nearly $2 million to face the health crisis created by COVID-19. Together with other companies, donation of an oxygen plant to the Brazilian state of Amazonas to mitigate the impact of medical O2 shortages. Coordination with health authorities from Rio Claro/SP (3,260 workers) and Joinville/SC (2,258 workers) to immunize factory workers in the plants, expediting the vaccination of this priority group.
Trade Customers & Consumers
- Provided trade customers with resources and support to follow local health guidelines on how to keep themselves and others safe.
- Offering contactless delivery to our consumers.
- Continued our focus on safety and product quality amidst supply chain constraints.
- Continued to carry out service calls for repairs and ensured safe in-home service by providing technicians with guidance on how to observe local health guidelines to prevent exposure.
- Directed all suppliers to follow local health guidelines on how to keep themselves and others safe.
- Continued focus on responsible sourcing amidst supply chain constraints with supplier audits and aggressive standards on restricted materials.
- Continued requirement for all of our suppliers to abide by the Supplier Code of Conduct (SCoC).