Caring for our Employees
During the height of COVID-19
We are immensely proud of our 77,000 employees globally, who are going above and beyond to support our colleagues, consumers and communities, while adjusting to the new realities of the situation.
Our number one priority is to ensure the safety and health of our people.
To do this, we are working directly with health authorities and adhering to guidelines provided by the World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in both our plants and our offices.
Our task force teams at local, regional and global level are diligently working across the company to take the recommended measures to support our employees and help prevent the spread of the virus.
Our safety protocols, which are continually updated, include the following:
Actions at Our Facilities:
- We have heightened cleaning protocols at each plant, including the frequency of deep cleanings and use third party deep clean/disinfection where a confirmed case has been identified.
- To allow the safe social distance as recommended by the CDC, we have taken action to increase distances on our production lines and made the decision to slow production lines down or reduce lines as needed.
- We have implemented food safety precautions in all our cafeterias and are staggering break times to increase social distances.
- We are emphasizing proper hygiene in the plants, including use of frequent hand washing, and are ensuring our employees have proper sanitization equipment.
Employee Self Monitoring/Reporting
- We are implementing temperature screening protocols for all our employees at our manufacturing facilities.
- For any colleagues who have had direct exposure or live with others under a medically advised quarantine, they have been required to self-monitor at home for 14 days.
- We have communicated to ALL employees that if they will work in a Whirlpool facility, they should be monitoring their health (temperature and symptoms of illness) daily and NOT coming into work if symptomatic.
- All employees who have the ability to work from home are required to do so.
Travel & Visitors
- Since we first learned of COVID-19 developments, we implemented a robust policy to avoid any travel unless absolutely necessary for all of our employees. We are requiring employees who have traveled to high-risk locations or have been exposed to others who have traveled to high-risk locations to stay at home/self-quarantine.
- We implemented strict on-site visitor policies to reduce the chance of exposing employees to COVID-19.