Environment, Health and Safety Policy
Maintaining high environmental, health, safety and sustainability standards is more than a good business practice, it is a fundamental responsibility.
Whirlpool Corporation is committed to protecting our employees, preserving the environment and acting sustainably throughout our business operations. To ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and achieve the goals of this policy we are committed to:
Protecting our Employees
- Prevent work-related injuries and illnesses and preserve emotional well-being for our employees.
- Foster active participation and involvement of employees at all levels in our Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) processes.
- Adopt and promote behaviors that improve our performance and culture.
Preserving the Environment
- Improve environmental and energy performance by identifying environmental aspects, threats, and opportunities, and the conservation of natural resources, waste minimization and prevention of pollution.
- Identify and comply with Whirlpool standards associated with management of EHS and sustainability.
- Integrate EHS and sustainability aspects into business processes, from planning through execution.
- Establish goals, objectives, targets and periodic reviews in all areas related to the management of EHS and sustainability to drive continual improvement.
- Implement processes, practices, programs, procedures and allocate resources to support implementation of this policy and legal requirements.
Whirlpool Corporation will review this EHS & Sustainability policy periodically to ensure its continued applicability, effectiveness and alignment with the Whirlpool Code of Conduct.