Our Sustainable Journey is IMPACTFUL
tons of waste diverted from landfills in 2018
Our Sustainable Journey is MEANINGFUL
volunteer hours by our employees in 2018 for such causes as Habitat for Humanity, Consulado da Mulher and Care Counts
Our Sustainable Journey is SCALABLE
We have increased our energy-efficiency target by almost
compared to our 10-year average
in net sales, a decrease of 0.3% excluding currency
ongoing business earnings per diluted share
free cash flow generation or 4.1% of net sales
of our waste goes to recycling
of our waste goes to landfill
of our waste goes to incineration
4,845 people directly and indirectly benefited by income generated through the program, and 485 small businesses were advised by Consulado da Mulher
Whirlpool raised more than $3 million for the United Way in 2018.
To date, Maytag brand has donated more than $7 million to help enable young people most in need to achieve great futures as productive, caring, responsible citizens
Raised more than $10.7 million since 2001 with Cook for the Cure®
104,000+ families directly impacted around the world
Thousands of Whirlpool employees who volunteer with Habitat for Humanity® annually
$107 million – Value of Whirlpool Corporation’s current commitment
Almost 200,000 appliances donated
Installed across 18 cities in 87 schools
Over 85 percent of high-risk elementary school students increased their attendance during the program
Nearly 40 percent of participating students were no longer at risk for chronic absenteeism
High-risk students attended nearly 10 more days of school during the program
- World’s Most Admired Companies – FORTUNE Magazine
- 2018 World’s Most Ethical Companies® -The Ethisphere Institute
Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)
Web Marketing Festival and Slovakia CSR Practice of the Year: Italy and Slovakia
Moments Not to Be Wasted
- In 2018, Whirlpool EMEA won the Web Marketing Festival award in the category “Digital Food” for its Moments Not to Be Wasted project, the edutainment program within primary schools in Europe, aiming to raise awareness of the social and environmental value of food and the importance of not wasting it. The program also earned Slovakia’s CSR Practice of the Year, the nation’s most important CSR-related award.
Biblioteca Bilancio Sociale: Italy
- Whirlpool EMEA was included among Biblioteca Bilancio Sociale’s top companies in Italy for Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability.
Great Place to Work® Best Workplace: Italy, Spain and Portugal
- In three EMEA countries, Whirlpool was certified as a Best Workplace.
Top Employer: Europe
- Whirlpool EMEA was awarded Top Employers Europe 2018 certification by the Top Employers Institute for its excellence in employee conditions.
Latin America Region – Argentina
- Whirlpool received a special mention by CEADS (Consejo Empresario para el Desarrollo Sostenible) for the project “Reciclando Hogares Urbanos” (Recycling Urban Homes) with Habitat for Humanity.
Latin America Region – Brazil
Great Place to Work – GPTW Women
- In 2018, Whirlpool was recognized as one of the best companies for women to work. The award also highlighted the company in the Inclusion category.
- Whirlpool was named one of the Most Sustainable Companies in the Electronics category and Best Company in the Sustainability Governance category. Exame award is one of the most recognized and respected awards for sustainability in Brazil.
Expressão de Ecologia Award
- Whirlpool was honored in the Environmental Management category, recognizing initiatives related
Latin America Region – Mexico
- Nuevo León, México, Whirlpool plants were recognized by PROFEPA (The Federal Attorney for Environmental Protection) for “Environmental Commitment,” as well as for being the “First Clean Industry Park” in Mexico.
North America Region
- EPA SmartWay® Excellence Award, Shipper Category
- Digital Edge 50 Award – IDG’s CIO
- Three 2018 CES Innovation Awards
- Smart Home Category
• Whirlpool Smart Appliances in Fingerprint Resistant Stainless Steel
• Whirlpool Smart Over the Range Microwave with Scan-to-Cook Technology
- Software and Mobile Apps Category
• Yummly 2.0 ingredient recognition and connected recipes
- Smart Home Category
The ReNEWW House (Retrofit Net-Zero Energy Water Waste) is a 1920s three-bedroom home on the campus of Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, in the United States. The home was extensively retrofitted and refurbished to be as energy and water efficient as possible. Whirlpool Corporation operates it as a live-in research lab and sustainable living showcase. During the school year, Whirlpool Corporation engineers obtaining their Master’s degrees at Purdue University reside in the house and perform research on innovative projects related to sustainability.