Washing and drying in one machine will provide laundering solutions to those with limited space
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 8, 2018 – Families may not always have ample space for a washer and dryer, but still need to maintain care for their loved ones. With the Whirlpool® Smart All-In-One Care Washer and Dryer, families will be able to do just that. This smart combo will not require a transfer between the washer and dryer, allowing for one load to be completely washed and dried in the same machine. The ventless unit will fit in a variety of places including under kitchen counters, closets, laundry rooms and bathrooms for those with limited space.
“We constantly listen for what people need to ensure they’re able to care for their families,” said Jennifer Tayebi, communications brand manager, Whirlpool brand. “When consumers live in a bigger city or have limited space for appliances, they likely have to find alternate options to launder clothes. With our combination laundry machine, less space is needed and therefore they can fit a laundry unit into their home without having to compromise their daily routine or time with their families.”
Each feature of the washer and dryer combo is designed to fill a real consumer need, remove guesswork and help families get the job done. Features include:
- Transfer-Free and Compact Washing and Drying: Too busy or forget to transfer freshly washed clothes to the dryer? With the Whirlpool® Smart All-In-One Washer and Dryer, the unit can be set to begin drying after the wash cycle completes, answering the need for less complex washing routines and providing a compact unit perfect for tight spaces where a separate washer and dryer might not fit.
- Load & GoTM Bulk Dispensing: Automatic dispensing ensures each load gets the right amount of detergent, at the right time, giving clothing precise fabric care. By providing practical and meaningful methods, the washer will make laundry more intuitive for everyone in the family.
- Alert Notifications: Consumers will be able to remotely monitor the unit from a mobile device through the Whirlpool® mobile app. Through mobile device notifications, alerts are sent once a load of laundry is complete, so no more guessing and checking in frequently only to find out the cycle is not complete.
- Download & GoTM Cycles: Consumer insights show that most people don’t know the type of laundry cycle best suited for unique loads. With Download & GoTM Cycles, families can download special cycles tailored to fit their specific load and better protect their clothing, improving the care they bring to the whole family.
- Amazon Alexa Voice Control: Consumers will be able to ask Alexa to pause and to start the washer and dryer; tell the dryer to run the Wrinkle Shield™ option; ask if the washer or dryer is running and ask for the time remaining on a wash or dry cycle – all with simple voice commands.
- Apple Watch: The Smart All-In-One Washer and Dryer can be remotely controlled from a mobile device through the Whirlpool® mobile app. Through mobile device notifications or the Apple Watch, alerts are sent once a load of laundry is complete, so no more guessing and checking in frequently only to find out the cycle is not complete.
From January 9-12, CES® attendees can get up close to all Whirlpool brand innovations at booth #41725 in the Smart Home section, located at the Sands Expo Center.
For more information on the company’s care-centric product innovations and to join the conversation, visit ces.whirlpool.com and follow #CareSmarter.
 Appliance must be set to ‘Remote Enable.’ WiFi & App Required. Features subject to change. For details and privacy statement, visit whirlpool.com/connect.
About Whirlpool Brand
For more than one hundred years, Whirlpool brand has been inspired by how people care for their families. Whirlpool brand is designing home appliances that are focused on improving how families give and get the care they need with the latest technologies and innovations – whether that means most flexible refrigerator storage for all types of family needs, induction technology for efficient cooking and easier cleaning, or laundry pairs that sense and adapt to clothes with the latest in connected technologies. Whirlpool brand is part of Whirlpool Corporation, the world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances. Whirlpool Corporation is also one of Habitat for Humanity’s largest corporate partners for over 15 dedicated years, donating a refrigerator and range to every new Habitat for Humanity home built in North America. For more information on Whirlpool, please visit whirlpool.com/everydaycare or find us on Facebook at facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter at @WhirlpoolUSA.