Seven Care-Centric Products Honored Across Tech for a Better World, Eco-Design and Sustainable Technologies, Smart Home and Home Appliances Categories
Whirlpool brand received nine International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2016 Innovation Awards for seven new kitchen and laundry products, including the Whirlpool® Smart Top Load Washer and Dryer, Whirlpool® Closet Depth Front Load Washer1 & HybridCare™ Dryer, Whirlpool® Smart Dishwasher, Whirlpool® Smart French Door Bottom Mount Refrigerator, Whirlpool® 6.4 Cu. Ft. Combination Wall Oven, Whirlpool® Smart Front Control Range and the Whirlpool® French Door Bottom Mount Refrigerator. Product awards honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting-edge consumer electronics across 28 product categories, and entries are judged by a distinguished panel of independent industrial designers, engineers and members of the trade media.
“We are truly honored to take home nine CES Innovation Awards – an all-time record for the brand,” said Chelsey Lindstrom, brand manager, Whirlpool brand. “Whirlpool has designed appliances with consumer-inspired technology for more than a century, driven by a distinct purpose to help families care for each other, and these accolades are a wonderful testament to our work.”
Tech for a Better World
- Whirlpool® Smart Top Load Washer uses technology to power philanthropic donations.2 With the Connect to care™ program, families can opt-in to make an automated donation to Habitat for Humanity, with every wash cycle. As one of the first appliance brands to announce the use of Amazon Dash Replenishment, this washer and dryer pair estimates when select laundry supplies are running low and automatically orders more. This smart washer and dryer also integrate with the Nest Learning Thermostat™, so when Nest is set to Away, the dryer can switch to Eco Mode to save energy with a longer, more energy-efficient cycle.3 And, with notifications enabled through the Whirlpool® mobile app, consumers are alerted to the progress of their cycle and when a load is complete, so clothing doesn’t sit well after its wash or dry time.
Eco-Design and Sustainable Technologies
- Whirlpool® Closet Depth Front Load Washer & HybridCare™ Dryer boast eco-friendly designs to save space and energy. The HybridCare™ dryer merges both heat pump and ventless technologies to solve key challenges when it comes to dryers – energy usage, gentle care for specialty clothing and identifying an appropriate space to vent outside. This ventless technology gives families the option to install their laundry pair where they would like in the home, no longer restricted to spaces where they can vent outside. With a closet-depth design4, the pair can be tucked away behind closed doors, so families can get exceptional fabric care with increased efficiency and greater flexibility with installation. With the Eco Dry setting, the dryer uses up to 73 percent less energy5 to help families care for the planet and save on power bills. The innovative Load & Go™ detergent system in the Front Load washer stores up to 12 loads6 worth of laundry detergent, so families don’t have to worry about refilling for each load.
Smart Home & Home Appliances
- Whirlpool® Smart Dishwasher allows families to auto-order detergent through Amazon Dash Replenishment.7 With purposeful technology built into every new feature, consumers can delay the cycle start and run the machine in Quiet Mode to work while everyone is sleeping. When Nest is set to Away, the dishwasher can be set to automatically start the wash cycle. Consumers can also choose to receive notifications to alert them when the cycle is complete.
- Whirlpool® Smart French Door Bottom Mount Refrigerator integrates with the Works with Nest platform to keep busy families in complete control. With new technology to help families stay organized as their schedules become busier than ever, the Smart French Door Bottom Mount Refrigerator allows families, through the Whirlpool® mobile app, to activate Party Mode to trigger faster ice production and lower temperatures to anticipate loss of coolness with frequent opening and closing when entertaining at home. This fridge also uses smart notifications to alert families of a power or WiFi outage, so food in the fridge can be checked on immediately.
- Whirlpool® 6.4 Cu. Ft. Combination Wall Oven saves steps, reduces cooking times and eliminates guesswork for home cooks. The CookCoach™ system with a digital thermometer measures food temperatures and tells home cooks when everything’s done. And with the Convection Conversion feature, shortening cooking times is a snap, too – no complicated temperature or time calculations needed. Consumers choose baking, broiling, roasting, microwaving or a combination of those methods, and the Whirlpool® Combination Wall Oven handles the rest.
- Whirlpool® Smart Front Control Range alerts families to cooking status during meal prep .8With notifications enabled through the Whirlpool® mobile app, family cooks know exactly when the preheat is complete and when cook time is done, freeing them up from oven monitoring to help with homework, or to finish setting the table. It actually helps guide cooking – consumers can send step-by-step cooking instructions straight to their range and it will program the appliance to follow them automatically. When Nest is set to away, consumers receive an alert through the Whirlpool® mobile app if their oven is on.
- Whirlpool® French Door Bottom Mount Refrigerator features a unique shelving system to fit and find all the families’ favorites, making it the easiest refrigerator to organize.9 Completely and intuitively re-imagined on the inside, the pantry-inspired layout is designed to use space more efficiently, with compartmentalized spaces for families to store and display their edible favorites. The efficient layout stores more, as it was designed to accommodate the most commonly bought grocery items, big, tall, small, shallow and wide, including gallon milk jugs, corked bottles of wine, liter bottles of soda, spaghetti sauce jars, pickle jars and small mustards and jams.
From January 6-9, CES attendees can get up close to the nine awards and other innovations at Whirlpool brand’s booth #74352 in the Family Tech Zone, located at the Sands Expo Center.
For more information, to join the conversation and see the company’s care-centric product innovations and conceptual inspirations come to life, visit Whirlpool brand’s booth #74352 in the Family & Technology Marketplace, located at the Sands Expo Center, or ces.whirlpool.com and follow #EveryDayCare.
About Whirlpool Brand
For more than one hundred years, Whirlpool brand has been inspired by how people care for their families. Whirlpool brand is designing home appliances that are focused on improving how families give and get the care they need with the latest technologies and innovations that make their experience effortless, intuitive, and easy – whether that means most flexible refrigerator storage for all types of family needs, induction technology for efficient cooking and easier cleaning, or laundry pairs that sense and adapt to clothes with the latest in connected technologies. Whirlpool brand is part of Whirlpool Corporation, the world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances. Whirlpool Corporation is also one of Habitat for Humanity’s largest corporate partners for over 15 dedicated years, donating a refrigerator and range to every new Habitat for Humanity home built in North America. For more information on Whirlpool, please visit whirlpool.com/everydaycare or find us on Facebook at facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter at @WhirlpoolUSA.
1 Designed to fit a 33″ closet depth
2 Requires Wifi and account creation. App features and functionality subject to change. Subject to Terms of Service available at: whirlpool.com/connect. Data rates may apply.
3 Savings may vary across load type or cycle
4 Designed to fit a 33″ closet depth
5 Compared to pre-2004 traditional dryers, when paired with a matching washer, normal cycle, electric only
6 Based on an 8-lb load
7 Requires Wifi and account creation. App features and functionality subject to change. Subject to Terms of Service available at: whirlpool.com/connect. Data rates may apply.
8 Requires Wifi and account creation. App features and functionality subject to change. Subject to Terms of Service available at: whirlpool.com/connect. Data rates may apply.
9 Among leading french door bottom mount refrigerator brands