Name: Whirlpool Mexico S. de R.L de C.V.
Employees: Approximately 10,500 people
Manufacturing Plants Location: We have three manufacturing plants (refrigerators, washers, components, and plastics) in Apodaca, Nuevo Leon; one stove, compact refrigerator, and semi-automatic washer operations in Celaya, Guanajuato; and another in Ramos Arizpe, Coahuila that manufactures duplex refrigerators.
Distribution Centers: Apodaca, Villahermosa, Culiacan, Guadalajara, Celaya, and Estado de Mexico
Technology Centers: Two in Apodaca, N.L. and one in Celaya, Guanajuato
Corporate Offices: San Pedro Garza Garcia, Nuevo Leon
Main Brands in Mexico: Whirlpool, Acros, KitchenAid, and Maytag
Market: Domestic and foreign
Main Products: Manual, semi-automatic and automatic washing machines, dryers, freezers; one door, two doors, duplex and compact refrigerators; built-in and floor stoves; under cabinet and decorative hoods, ovens, dishwashers, microwaves, and air conditioners.
- Tenth year certified by Great Place to Work Mexico
- Tenth consecutive year certified as “Empresa Socialmente Responsable” (Social Responsibility)
- First Clean Industrial Park in Mexico
- First company in Mexico to be certified for workers’ emotional wellness by PRONABET
Whirlpool Mexico was formed in 2002 through the acquisition of Vitromatic Comercial, S.A. de C.V. Our Whirlpool Mexico corporate offices are located in San Pedro Garza Garcia, Nuevo Leon; and Whirlpool Corporation headquarters, in Benton Harbor, Michigan.
For more than a century, our brands and products continue to create demand and earn the trust of our consumers around the world. Exceptional durability, functionality, innovation, performance, and water and energy efficiency, strengthen our product portfolios; and offer tailored options designed to meet our consumers’ needs to the Mexican market.
Whirlpool Corporation is the world’s leading major home appliance manufacturer, with approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 77,000 employees and 59 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2019.
BRANDS IN MEXICOWhirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag and Acros
In Whirlpool we always seek to provide technology, practicality, and functionality through our products. In every detail, our advanced technology generates extraordinary results easily. In addition, our products perfectly combine both design and functionality to give you superior performance.
We know that everyday is an opportunity to show how much you love those you care about, with small and big details. When doing any activity in your home, whether cooking an anniversary dinner or washing your daughter’s favorite dress, you show them your love. For all this, Whirlpool is your best ally thanks to its technology and design that adapt to the needs of your day to day.
Because in Whirlpool we value what matters most, we are here to let you enjoy every moment.
Whirlpool. Every day, care.
WHIRLPOOL BRAND SITE:
Since 1919, KitchenAid® started with the iconic Blender, and since then has created a complete line of products designed for kitchen enthusiasts like you. Today, KitchenAid® offers virtually everything essential for a well-equipped kitchen, with a collection that includes everything from appliances such as: ovens, dishwashers, refrigerators, grills, etc; that along with its line of Portables, Gadgets and Accessories, will make the cooking process an experience.
All KitchenAid products were thought and designed with the purpose of providing style and substance, ensuring that during the preparation process you get the best performance, backed by 100 years of experience in the exciting world of cooking.
KITCHENAID BRAND SITE:
With Maytag®, the confidence that our products offer is a priority since they have been created with materials and components for industrial use that are backed with a 10 year warranty (limited in parts), ensuring durability over the years.
Each Maytag® product has been tested to meet the highest quality standards and ensure its performance for a long period of time doing the toughest jobs.
MAYTAG BRAND SITE:
It is the brand of Mexican families for having more than 70 years being part of each home, offering attractive, accessible and high quality products. The Acros experience, which has accompanied families for generations, is constantly renewed with new features, designs and solutions appropriate to the time. This same renewed experience has made the brand the best purchase option.
Acros is the brand committed to being the best ally in the household chores of Mexican families, the trajectory and permanence in the market have shown it.
ACROS BRAND SITE:
- Top Mount Refrigerators manufacturing plant
- Approximately 2,800 employees
- Antigua Carretera a Roma, KM 9, Apodaca, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
- Top Load Washer manufacturing plant
- Approximately 800 employees
- Carretera Miguel Aleman, KM 16.13, Apodaca, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
- Stoves, refrigerators, and washers manufacturing plant
- Approximately 2,200 employees
- Carretera Panamericana KM 280, Predio La Providencia, Celaya, Guanajuato, Mexico
- Duplex Refrigerator manufacturing plant
- Approximately 3,000 employees
- Boulevard Omega #2150, Parque Santa Maria, Ramos Arizpe, Coahuila, Mexico
- Plastic injection plant
- Approximately 700 employees
- Productividad #100, Parque Industrial La Silla Apodaca, Apodaca, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
OUR COMMITMENT TO SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
To Whirlpool Mexico social responsibility starts at home, “our company”. We adopt the concept of Ecologically Whirlpool not only for the development and innovation in our products, but also a daily practice at work and at home.
Congruent with the principles and values of the organization, Whirlpool Mexico understands social responsibility as the integral commitment to everything that surrounds it, starting with our people, their families, the communities, the conservation of the environment and the generation of social value.
To continue with this focus, our social responsibility scheme is defined as follows:
- Business Ethics: Having programs that are consistent with the values of the organization, that impact on development and offer solutions to the community in which we have a presence. We follow a code of ethics, work with integrity and we always carry our five values (Spirit of Winning, Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity, Respect and Teamwork).
- Environment: Our people participate actively with associations dedicated to the care of the environment. We support ecological education in communities where we have a presence. We also have the support our employee resource group “Green Network”, with the vision “promote environmental social responsibility in every office, every home, everywhere”.
- Our People: Programs in which our people participate actively with associations committed to economic, social and environmental development. Our actions have positioned us as one of the best companies to work at, and with our social groups we give impulse and take forward all the initiatives.
- Community: Part of our initiatives start with a robust donation program. We coordinate these programs to work with nonprofit organizations, government, educational institutions, and other companies to help improve the quality of life of others. Among some of the institutions we have supported are: DIF Nuevo Leon, Cruz Rosa, Lazos, ProNatura, Nutrition and Life Foundation, and Habitat for Humanity.
INCLUSION & DIVERSITY
We believe that all people matter, regardless of their nationality or language. Our values, work environment and company culture all seek to reward uniqueness. Great ideas and innovation come from combining the best of everyone’s differences. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend in to every concept of home. We acknowledge our differences and celebrate the value these differences can make on our lives, our business and our community.
EMPLOYEE RESOURCE GROUPS
Achieve a work environment of acceptance and support; which attracts, develops, and retains a diverse, talented workforce; as well as being a valuable resource for our employees and for the development of the business strategy.
Create an inclusive work environment that promotes equality, as well as connecting our brands with LGBT consumers and allies, supporting Whirlpool employees, the business, and the community.
Promote and enrich the lives of women in Whirlpool and the community.
To promote the personal and professional development of women in Whirlpool, through programs that promote their well-being, contributing to the business, families and the community.
Young Professionals Network
Reaffirm the commitment of our professionals with Whirlpool, contributing to their integral development as agents of change in their environment.
Being a network of professionals recognized for its impact on the integration and development of the Whirlpool community.
Promote environmental social responsibility, in every office, every home, everywhere.
Support the strategic plan of the company seeking to minimize the ecological impact of Whirlpool. Creating awareness and commitment in Whirlpool employees to make better decisions in their workplaces, their homes and the community.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY COMPREHENSIVE POLICY
+51 (81) 8329 2000
Communication & Public Relations // +52 (81) 8329 2288
Donations & Social Responsibility // +52 (81) 8329 2288
Service & Technical Support //+52 (81) 8329 2100