At Whirlpool Corporation, we encourage our employees to take care of themselves, creating a Culture of Health to help enable our employees to put themselves first.
During a routine self-exam, Tammy found a lump in her left breast, which led to a diagnosis of stage four metastatic breast cancer. By advocating for herself and her care, Tammy and her healthcare providers have been able to slow the cancer’s progression.
You are your own best advocate for your health. Take charge and take advantage of what’s around you. The Whirlpool Corporation medical plan offers 100% coverage of certain preventive care visits, including:
- Annual well-child and well-adult exams
- Colorectal cancer screenings (ages 50+)
- Annual mammogram (women ages 40+)
- Bone density tests (women ages 50+)
- Additional preventive/maintenance care for chronic conditions (diabetes, asthma/COPD, or coronary heart disease)
For our employees, our onsite health resources are also here to help. Onsite Health Coaches are happy to help find a local in-network doctor or figure out first steps in becoming healthy.