Two Whirlpool Corporation brands were recognized as the Top 50 Brands of 2022 according to the Prophet Brand Relevance Index®, based on U.S. consumers’ relationship with “brands that matter most in their lives today.” Whirlpool® and KitchenAid® emerged in the top 50 list out of 293 brands. Prophet reported a new pattern of relevance that emerged in their recent research: brands are finding success in our new normal by connecting with us as humans. Whirlpool brand in particular, was recognized for product features that allow consumers to recalibrate routines and enrich the new at-home reality, therefore, improving life at home.
We continue to think about how we can support families to provide better care for their loved ones and make a difference in their everyday lives.”
Now in its seventh year, the annual Prophet Brand Relevance Index® reveals how quickly brands can gain and lose favor, and new ways that consumers can experience them. “At Whirlpool brand, we continue to think about how we can support families to provide better care for their loved ones and make a difference in their everyday lives,” said Nelly Martinez, senior brand manager, Whirlpool. “It is an honor to receive a first-time recognition from a well-respected ranker like Prophet Brand Relevance Index®. We continue to seek ways to keep modern and relevant for our consumers, and this recognition proves we’re making a difference in the cooking, cleaning and washing space.”
Prophet, a growth consultancy, surveyed over 13,500 American consumers to evaluate 293 consumer brands in 27 categories, chosen because they represent significant proportions of household spending and/or time. Within those categories, Prophet selected about 90% of brands on the basis of revenue size and/or recent growth. The remaining 10% were selected based on market entry criteria, such as disruption potential or momentum (particularly for private companies). The set of brands tested were objective in their selection and representative across the country.