Whirlpool Corporation announced today that it has been recognized by Newsweek as one of America’s Most Responsible Companies for 2024. The annual recognition, acknowledging the most responsible companies in the United States across 14 industries, is presented by Newsweek and Statista Inc., the world-leading statistics portal and industry ranking provider. The full list can be viewed here.
“Being recognized as one of the most responsible companies in America for the fifth year running is an incredible honor and a testament to our employees around the world and the company’s enduring values,” said Marc Bitzer, chairman and CEO of Whirlpool Corporation. “Environmental sustainability, social responsibility, and corporate governance are at the forefront of everything we do as we set out to continue improving life at home for consumers.”
Environmental sustainability, social responsibility, and corporate governance are at the forefront of everything we do as we set out to continue improving life at home for consumers.”
America’s Most Responsible Companies were selected based on dozens of publicly available key performance indicators for the top 2,000 public companies by revenue with headquarters in the United States. The rankings are derived from a consideration of each company’s performance in environmental sustainability, social responsibility and corporate governance. A survey of U.S residents also asked respondents to select companies familiar to them and to evaluate them based on similar topics.
During 2023, Whirlpool Corp. built on its decades long commitment to sustainability, citizenship and Inclusion and Diversity, and received several recognitions for those efforts, including:
- Recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies for thirteenth consecutive Year
- Received a score of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2023-2024 Corporate Equality Index
- Named Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion for the seventh straight year
- Recognized as one of the Best Companies to Work For in 2023 by U.S. News & World Report
- Named a 2023 Top Company for Executive Women by Seramount
- Recognized as one of America’s most JUST companies for 2023
To learn more about Whirlpool Corp.’s commitment to being an excellent corporate citizen and its strategy, approach and progress on sustainability commitments, please see its Corporate Sustainability Report here.